What you need to know!
Benefits of Using Rainbow Beach 4×4 Hire for all your 4wd hire needs
- Friendly Family Run Business
- Knowledgeable Staff
- Beach Driving Tuition
- Dingo Safety Briefing
- Competitive Rates
- All vehicles maintained by our onsite mechanic with over 10 years in the industry
- Out of hours vehicle handovers are also available so you can plan around the tides
- All vehicles are tested by us on the island prior to renting
- We offer free on-site parking for your vehicle while you are on the island
- Some free camping equipment is available, ask us about it when you book
- Trust Rainbow Beach 4×4 hire for your Fraser Island 4×4 Hire, we will make sure your trip is awesome and stress free!
- Fraser Island is only a 15 minute barge ride from Inskip Peninsula. Making it the quickest route to the Island.
- To hire one of our 4×4’s, you must be 21 years of age or over.
- You arrive on the eastern side of the island, which is where most of the attractions are
- Dingoes are prevalent on the island, just be sensible and do not try to feed them or pat them. Respect that they are wild animals no matter how cute they look and take pictures from a distance. For more information on Dingo Safety, visit http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/fraser/fraser-island-dingoes.html
- We recommend a minimum of 2 days on the island to see the main attractions
- The Barge operates continually throughout the day from 6am to 5pm (this may change at peak times)
- Currently the barge is $130 per car/ return – If you do a day trip on a Sunday they will do an $80 special
- You can purchase your Barge Ticket either on the barge, or at any of the local agencies or http://mantarayfraserislandbarge.com.au/
- Camping permits can be obtained at a number of local agencies here in Rainbow Beach or online at http://parks.nprsr.qld.gov.au/permits
- You will be required to purchase your own Vehicle Access Permit to visit Fraser Island or Double Island Point
- Our vehicles are not permitted to pass Champagne Pools at Middle Rocks
- For day trips to Fraser Island, it is best if you can time them for a mid – late morning high tide to make the most of your day
- Ask us for approximate drive times between attractions as beach driving can be slow due to conditions
- Swimming on Fraser Island should be limited to any of the fresh water inland lakes, Eli Creek and Champagne Pools. The ocean off Fraser Island has dangerous surf conditions and is not patrolled. It is also well known for a great number of large sharks and Urukandji Jellyfish.
- We recommend you read the Qld Parks and Wildlife Safe Beach Driving tips which can be found here: http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/fraser/pdf/survive_your_drive_
- Do your research when hiring a 4×4 hire for Fraser Island. Please check out our reviews on tripadvisor and google. We really care about customer experiences and try our best to make sure you have the best trip ever to Fraser Island. All of our vehicles are expertly maintained by our mechanics and a minimum of 24 hours is given between hires to check them over and make sure they are safe for your trip.